Sunday, December 07, 2008

Evil, evil ceiling





Surely there's a special place in hell for the person who invented popcorn ceilings? Extra hot? Itchy maybe? No chocolate?

Underneath the dingy popcorn mess with ridiculous sparkles (right side of photo) was a PERFECTLY GOOD ceiling! It had a nice texture and was even painted. A few spots needed touch-up (three bucks for some DAP did the trick), and of course repainting will be nice, but the room is already looking great. Why, why, why did someone do this evil thing?


Anyway, we finished the first half of the room and then learned from our mistakes enough to do much better prep work for the second half (note the plastic sheeting duct-taped to the baseboards and around the windows). At the halfway point, Teri celebrated and I had to go. (By "had to" I mean, man, did I ever want OUT of there.)

2 comments:

Teri said...

Eeek! Crop my pregnancy out of there! Thanks for your help.

Jan said...

What? You silly. But I aim to please. Consider yourself cropped. (Of course, this means that my out-of-focus photography is even more obvious. At least in the original the trash bags were in focus!)

By the way, I looked WAY worse than this, and everyone in Kmart--many more people than will ever read my blog--saw me. I made babies and small children cry!