Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Fling









Yay, a costume party! I am such a sucker for costumes! (My keywording is terrible, but search for the word "costume" on this blog and you'll get a glimpse of how crazy I am...Ponce de Leon, Obi Wan, Sir Lancelot... I'm also crazy for theme parties.) But this year, I got off easy. When Ethan said he wanted to be Data (um, that's from Star Trek? The android? That's OK...no one else knew either) I started looking for patterns and found a whole costume for sale on eBay. About 15 bucks later, and no sewing whatsoever, I'm in business.

The high school students had some great costumes. The board-game girls took a well-deserved prize; I also enjoyed the Hannah Montana boys, the two-headed Elmo and many others. Ethan loved trying out the contra steps with all those high school girls. They are so patient and sweet with him--these are some pretty nice kids that Cliff gets to work with.

For the last song of the night, the principal made everyone get out and try a few steps, and I'm glad he was so...um, enthusiastic (obnoxious? :)) about it. We had a great workout and some good laughs as well--we needed the push!

No comments: