Saturday, May 03, 2008

25, still alive

Hard to imagine that 25 years ago this month I was getting ready to graduate. I also had about 55 fewer pounds to carry around, hair that was pretty much solid brown and only one chin. Of course, I wouldn't trade nothin' for what I have now! Just a few of those blessings...the world's best husband, a sweet and wonderful 9-year-old, a great mom and in-laws who spoil me, and knowing who my friends are. And more or less who I am too. Though I kinda miss the feathered bangs. Whoosh.

A highlight of the reunion weekend was going to Spaghetti Factory with some of the old crowd, a few of whom think a really cool Saturday night is gathering around a piano and singing hymns. (I was pushing for karaoke, but have to admit this was pretty fun too.) It was great seeing some old friends, even though I didn't see anyone as much as I wanted!

No comments: